Friday, November 18, 2011

November 23


Today's "To Do List"

I have an idea.  As you complete the tasks, please leave me a comment with your name and telling me what you did and where I can find the product of your work;-)  This will allow Leonor and I to keep track of what has been done vs. what needs to be done.

On November 16 all Year 10s and 11s were occupied during the afternoon. Great to see so many of you involved in the Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) activity.  http://www.dofe.org/ I wish you well.  In the future I  would appreciate it if you could give me a heads-up when situations like this arise. Thanks in advance for help and cooperation.

1. Digital version of the list of images that we would like to use from the RL Foundation. (this was on the Nov 9 blog post)
2. Compose a list of all activities, clubs, associations, groups and teams. List the people involved (instructor, students).
3.  There are multiple events this week (Red Nose Campaign, Yr 10 Drama at lunchtime, Sports activity in the Algarve, etc.)  Who is taking pictures?
4. Work on the Wham, Boom, etc. images.
5. Please review the previous post to see which tasks are finished and to complete unfinished tasks. 
6. I would like you all to know what "kerning" is.  Kerning deals with the distribution of space between letters and is very important in graphic arts.  I would like you to learn a little about kerning here:  http://imprint.printmag.com/typography/the-kerning-game/.  Primarily read the first paragraph and look at the examples.  Next, I would like you to play the game to develop an understanding of how it's done and, hopefully, you will start to look at white space on a page in a different way.  Play the game here: http://type.method.ac/

Please submit questions, requests and suggestions.  Either speak with Leonor, myself, or leave a comment. 

6 comments:

  1. In todays lesson we chose what our official funcions are, I am in layout. Leonor sujected ideas for possible yearbooks.
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miss! It's Maria da Paz.
    I just finished mmy research on writing captiones, it has my name and is on the yearbook folder. I will now, and go play the game, http://type.method.ac/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Miss
    Today we have looked at the yearbook that you left us and we wrote a list of what we liked and of what we didn't like and we also played the kerning game.
    Thanks Miss
    - Maria and Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ms.Dietrich!
    Today I have been learning about Kerning, and I played the game, I had great results! -Sarah Mussa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ms. today I've played the kerning game and i looked at the yearbook with Bella and Maria and made a list of the things that we liked and the things that we didn't like.
    Thank you Ms.
    -Carolina R






























































































































































































































    Hi Ms. today

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey mrs. dietrich! I am loving the yearbookclub!
    This lesson I researched BALFOUR yearbooks and I read the yearbook of the american school in englan. It was a good help and I wrote what i liked and what i didnt.

    Productive afternoon!

    Luisa Mandacaru

    ReplyDelete